A Few Words About Us
A Few Words About Us
We, as humans, all ultimately seek one thing, which is to belong to something and have a sense of worth that comes with belonging. God chooses each and every one of us. We are all called to ministry in the words of 1 Peter 2:4-5 "'As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him—you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.'" This is who we are, ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ, offering hope through living as Jesus did and would be doing now. We offer hope through our example of living well and thriving, despite our circumstances and challenges. We love our neighbors as ourselves and join together as a community of believers as found in the example of the early church in the book of Acts.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the triune God, as our Father, the son of man, and the Holy Spirit, the three-in-one, as set in the Scripture.
- Jesus is our Lord and our Savior; it is by and through Him that our life is complete. He is the way, the truth, and the life.
- We believe the Bible and canonical Scripture within to be the Holy, inspired word of God.
- We believe that although the Bible was written by human hands, the Holy Spirit worked through the humans to bring about the words.
- We believe that it is through God’s Holy grace and through our faith, in God that we will receive everlasting life, just as Jesus promised.
- We believe that Jesus is God, in human flesh, fully human and fully God. Jesus’ Heavenly Father is our Father, we cry out to Him, just as Jesus did.
- We believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus for our salvation, as set out, in Scripture.
- We affirm and respect the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as the unequivocal declarations of our faith and affirmations of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins through self-confession and repentance. We believe in the Scripture, guiding us to righteousness.
- We believe in the Gospel message and the worthiness of the Great Commission.
- We believe that the Lord, God, has tasked us all with being the priesthood of all believers, and we are sent on a mission to further His kingdom, throughout the world.