Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our community. Your contribution today helps us make a difference.
Next Tuesday is a big day for nonprofits. The Gathering is no exception. We have announced our goal to partner with 2000 of our friends, family, and community members to donate $5 per month to support The Gathering in its mission to love, serve, and restore hope to our community members.
What we haven't announced is how we plan to increase those efforts. The Gathering's goal is to purchase 2 adjacent properties on the west side of town which have been vacant for several years. On these properties, there are four buildings.
One of these buildings will be Maker's Market which will be a store containing crafts and goods donated from local makers (crafters, bakers, etc.) that will monetarily support the various buildings and programs.
The second building will be Gathering Grace Community Center, a center that will offer free programs and meeting spaces for the entire community.
The third building will be The Gathering that will house classrooms, offices, and worship space.
The fourth and final building will be Mercy's Mission. Mercy's Mission will be an emergency housing (homeless shelter) building. We are contacted, daily, by individuals and families in need of emergency housing and we currently have nowhere to send them within a four-county area, due to waiting lists. Mercy's Mission will help to house those most in need in our community and will help the individuals/families to create a plan for housing and change in their lives.
We will be going live on Facebook throughout the day on #GivingTuesday to thank everyone for their support and to answer any questions people may have about The Gathering and its mission to love, serve, and restore hope and community to DeKalb County.
For every 100 people that visit our website (thegatheringauburn.org/online-giving) we will be giving away prizes valued from $25 to $210. For every $5 per month given, you will earn 1 entry into the drawings. You may pay the entire year upfront at $60 as well. Sign up early to be entered for all the drawings. Everyone who signs up before Nov 30th will be entered as well. The more people who sign up, the higher the dollar value in prizes.
Here is the final list of prizes:
1. Doug Morris - Thrivent Thrivent Sway Bag-$25
2. Twinkling Tips & Toes Gift Basket (Shampoo, Conditioner, Wet Brush, Hempz Lotion)-$40
3. Jeeze Louise Home Decor-$50
4. Elizabeth’s Garden & Bakery Bakery Goodie Basket-$50
5. Marguerite Mae Redinger Cut, Style, & Cond. Treatment-$50
6. Hair by McKenna Cut, Style, & Cond. Treatment-$50
7. Kim's Korner Music & More Ukelele-$60
8. Sure Stay by Best Western 1 Night Staycation-$75
9. Alishia Iddings In-Home Cooked Family Meal-$100
10. Tina & Keenan Heffley Gift Basket (2 gift cards, wax melts & warmer, 2 Hershey's Pot 'O Golds, Mini Sewing Machine)-$100
11. Escape It Auburn $100 Visa Gift Card
12. Bowers Engineering Services $100 Visa Gift Card
13. Auburn General Discount Store Swirl by Mikasa 16 pc.Dish Set $150
14. Ben Davis Ford/John Mohre Year of Oil Changes (4) $160
15. Memories By Melissa 2 hour Family Photo session, Unlimited People, USB flash drive with all pictures, and a full copyright release -$175
16. Skatin' Station Party for 10-$180
17. Carrie's Cake Pops Gift Certificate-$200
18. Praxis Detailing 2-$100 Gift Certificates
19. Mandi J Photos Family Photo Session-1 location-60 minutes, Facebook Timeline Cover, 45 Edited Images, 16x20 Canvas, and print release $200
20. Waggin' Tails Pet Salon Year of pet grooming (6-Bi-monthly grooming sessions valued at $35 each, the pet owner is responsible for charges exceeding $35 per visit)-$210
As always we covet your prayers too. Please be praying for this mission to serve your community well and partner with us. Without our communities support, we couldn't serve our community as we do. Please consider helping us in these efforts! God bless!
The Gathering strives to help you become the person you were created to be. Come, Grow In Hope!
Copyright © 2021 The Gathering